Registration is FREE and does not commit you to make any purchases.
All Registered users
- can use Advanced Search – by word, phrase,
name and/or date – to view page Thumbnail
pages, with or without sample text including the
highlighted search term.
- have their own password-protected collection
(Bookshelf) where they can save pages.
- can subscribe to an archive to view/download
pages at full size, jump from issue to issue and
print pages for personal or research use.
- many universities and colleges already have full
archive access for staff and students, both on- and
off-campus – click here for details.
- many others are registered but without full access
to any archive; staff/students here can take
Personal subscriptions at discounted rates under
the Education Scheme.
- all educational institutions are offered a month’s
free, unlimited, no-obligation trial access to all
- members of subscribing libraries – click here for
details – have full access to the archives both in
the library or from home, using their library cards.
- all UK library institutions are offered a month’s
free, unlimited no-obligation trial access to all
- can register personally but multi-user accounts
with IP-recognised access are available at
discounted rates – click here for information.
- please note that republishing permissions have to
be negotiated with the relevant publisher/s – see
A Business User account is initiated with a personal
registration but multi-user accounts, with IP-recognised
access, are available at discounted rates – contact us for more information.
On subscription to an archive, pages can be
viewed/downloaded/printed for personal use and
research but please note that republishing permissions
have to be negotiated with the relevant publishers – see
HE/FE Institutions with archive access
- Aberystwyth University
- Canons High School
- Cardiff University
- Center for Research Libraries
- Coventry University
- Episcopal Divinity School
- Georgia Gwinnett University
- Gillingham School
- Glasgow University Library
- Godinton Primary School
- King's College London
- Lancaster University
- Leeds Metropolitan University
- Leeds Trinity University
- Liverpool John Moores University
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- Loughborough University
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Nottingham Trent University
- Princeton University
- Royal Holloway, University of London
- Sheffield University
- St Mark@s Church of England Primary School
- Swansea University
- Syracuse University Library
- Teesside University
- The Isle of Wight College
- The Open University
- UCL (University College London)
- University of Leicester
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Bedfordshire
- University of Bristol
- University of Cambridge
- University of Chichester
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Essex
- University of Exeter
- University of Kent
- University of Lincoln
- University of Liverpool
- University of Manchester
- University of Oxford
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Sussex
- University of York
- Xavier University Library
- York St John
Staff/students at subscribing universities
can access these archives automatically on-campus
or off-campus via the university/college website.
NB: many other universities are registered but without full access to any archive.
Staff/students here can also access via UK Federated Access to take Personal subscriptions at discounted rates under the Education Scheme.
Library Institutions with Archive Access
- Aberdeen City Libraries
- Bracknell Forest Council
- British Library
- City Of London libraries
- Imperial War Museums
- Kent Libraries
- Marx Memorial Library & Workers School
- Medway Council, Medway Archives & Local Studies Centre
- Solihull Library
- Vale of Glamorgan Library
- Westminster Libraries
- Wolverhampton Library
Unless otherwise stated, members of these libraries
have full access to the archives both in the library or
from home, using their library cards.
All UK library institutions are offered a month’s free,
unlimited, no-obligation trial access to all archives.
Please note that library trials can be set up only at the
request of the library